So it’s been a while. Ok. It’s been longer than a while. Life got somewhat busy and there wasn’t, in my humble opinion, much I could add in regards to what is out there but this will be part of a project of things I’ll be working on this fall. So… what have I been up to?
- A book proposal (details to come).
- Rebuilding the lab. The thing I keep forgetting is that I live in Los Angeles, home of non-stop brownouts and power failures. Add to that, the forever time it takes to build/rebuild the RAID 5.. well.. I think changing it to a RAID 10 may suit me better.
- VMworld 2014. I am here at the conference as I finalize this post. I’ll be in the Hang Space, the Certification Lounge or a “booth babe” (Wednesday). Come find me in the Hang Space for a Horizon View 6 network poster.
- Course creation. I have 3 on plate, including 2 of which I’ll be developing.
- A special new course with John Arrasjid.
- Delving into AirWatch to add more info to our education curriculum and my own deeper understanding.
- Got my driver’s license. Yup. At the age of 44. After living in cities (Ottawa, Torotno, NYC) with decent public transit, I’ve been forced to get a driver’s license. And I have to say.. I’m loving it. I feel like a little kid. And of course, I want a truck 🙂 . But that will be different post and blog for that. It still took a fair amount of my time.
While this fall will be busy, I’m expecting it to be a whole heck of a lot of fun. I celebrate 9 years with VMware and I have to stay it’s still as fun as it was in the past. As I listen to Pat talk about the No Limits concept. It is about who we, VMware, are. Ever since I started with the company, the one thing that has always remained true is that we always are ready to help each other and step up when needed.
Tied to that is the fact that I can explore and poke at topics I want to; that I’m not limited to just EUC but more than that. That flexibility allows me to stay engaged and interested. It’s not just about being on the bleeding edge but helping others find it.
I’m ok with that. Because, to be honest, it’s an awesome ride and a great taste. I’ll be posting some fun stuff from VMworld, View/Mirage stuff along with some Airwatch stuff as well. It’s gonna be wild ride. Hopefully you’ll join me for it!